Wednesday 9 March 2011

Poster ideas and research

So even though I haven't finish my final 3d paper model yet i have decided to start thinking about by poster design. I have looked at a few previous posters that GF Smith have used to draw inspiration.






These are a few examples I have found. The first two interest me most visually. I really like the ink in water posters i think they are visually exciting and interesting to look at. I also like how imagery has been combined with the text in the union jack example.

I started to look through the images i had taken of models i had made so far and thought that close up images are probably goin to work best. They wont crowd the poster with to much to look at but fill it with something interesting to look at. I decided to make a large pleated piece as i thought i would be able to get better close up shots from a larger piece.
These are a couple of the best shots I took. I have edited the brightness and contrast on these images using photoshop to enhance the lighting and shadows.

 


I think both these images have potential to make a visually interesting and eye catching poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment