Monday 14 February 2011

Wavey Paper

  
I really liked the work I saw by Richard Sweeney with the pleates that created a flowing curve in the paper. It worked really well with the idea of wave shapes that i was looking at. Richard showed me how he had created this models and i had a go my self. I found it really interesting as the curves are made from purely straight lines. I experimented using different size papers and different size pleats. I also tried using paper that was already cut into a curve to see how this would effect the shape.


The above images show one piece manipulated to appear in different forms.




These three images are using a thinner long strip of paper.






This is using the same piece of paper but twisting the structure round so that both ends connected and formed a sort of knot.



This structure was using a piece of paper already cut into a curve before it was pleated. I really like the shapes and forms that could be made with this idea.






With this piece i used the same idea of pleating and already curved paper but i tried to change the direction of the pleates in certain places. It made a more jagged and less fluent shape than the smooth flowing previous shapes i had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment